Publisher List Price:
A comprehensive treatise on new developments in biotechnology, the authors of Biotechnology and Safety Assessment, 3e, bring readers an up-to-date review of food safety issues, pre-clinical safety and development of new foods and drugs, plant biotechnology, food allergies and safety assessment, and consumer benefits with regard to genetically modified food.
Tomorrow's foods will be obtained from genetically modified crops, offering consumers higher nutritional value and more of it. Our medications will be obtained through a variety of biotechnological procedures yielding more potent and specific medications for diseases and vaccines. In order to make this view of the future come to light, John A. Thomas and Roy L. Fuchs have updated their classic in order to keep readers one step ahead.
Written by internationally recognized molecular biologists, plant agronomists, microbiologists, toxicologists, nutritionists, and regulatory authorities, this third edition is an excellent and authoritative resource, making it a valuable resource to any biomedical library or scientific bookshelf.
* Provides timely coverage on topics of agribiotechnology and biotherapeutics
* Describes the recent progress in genetically modified crops and their safety
* Presents an update of the newer developments in therapeutic agents
* Discusses role of genetically modified microorganisms in the development of new food products
* Outlines various global regulatory issues relating to GM crops
* Addresses environmental and ecological topics related to GM crops
Subject: Allied Health & Medical -> Medical -> Toxicology