Publisher List Price:
Proceedings of the world renowned ERCOFTAC (International Symposium on Engineering Turbulence Modelling and Measurements).
The proceedings include papers dealing with the following areas of turbulence:
· Eddy-viscosity and second-order RANS models
· Direct and large-eddy simulations and deductions for conventional modelling
· Measurement and visualization techniques, experimental studies
· Turbulence control
· Transition and effects of curvature, rotation and buoyancy on turbulence
· Heat and mass transfer and chemically reacting flows
· Compressible flows, shock phenomena
· Two-phase flows
· Applications in aerospace engineering, turbomachinery and reciprocating engines, industrial aerodynamics and wind engineering, and selected chemical engineering problems
Turbulence remains one of the key issues in tackling engineering flow problems. These problems are solved more and more by CFD analysis, the reliability of which depends strongly on the performance of the turbulence models employed. Successful simulation of turbulence requires the understanding of the complex physical phenomena involved and suitable models for describing the turbulent momentum, heat and mass transfer. For the understanding of turbulence phenomena, experiments are indispensable, but they are equally important for providing data for the development and testing of turbulence models and hence for CFD software validation. As in other fields of Science, in the rapidly developing discipline of turbulence, swift progress can be achieved only by keeping up to date with recent advances all over the world and by exchanging ideas with colleagues active in related fields.
Subject: Mathematics & Statistics -> Mathematics -> Mathematics General