Publisher List Price:
Recently, the 50th anniversary of the publication of Animal Behaviour has passed. To mark the occasion, a group of prominent behaviourists have written essays relevant to their fields. These essays provide a glimpse of the study of behaviour looking in all directions. History and future aside, it is imperative to broadcast this information from the perspective of the behaviourists who have helped shape both the past and the future. It is important for any field to be both retrospective and prospective: where have we been, where are we going, where are we now? These essays provide a unique personal reflection on the history of animal behaviour from John Alcock, Stuart and Jeanne Altmann, Steve Arnold, Geoff Parker, and Felicity Huntingford. Six topics are reflected on and include: The History of Animal Behavioural Research, Proximate Mechanisms, Development, Adaptation, and Animal Welfare.
* Broad range of essays on animal behaviour
* Written by leaders in the field
* Offers a history of the study of behaviour plus essays on the future of behavioural studies
* Contains over 30 full color illustrations
* Includes essays on development, mechanisms and adaptive significance of behaviour
Subject: Physical & Earth Sciences -> Science -> Essays