Publisher List Price:
Fundamentals of Interface and Colloid Science (FICS) is a standard reference work with an educational nature. The emphasis is on the basic facts and phenomena, which are systematically explained.
FICS aims to make interface and colloid science accessible to a wide audience. Interface and colloid science is an important and fascinating field, but one that is often overlooked and undervalued. It has applications as diverse as agriculture, mineral dressing, oil recovery, industrial chemistry, medical science and biotechnology.
A deductive approach is followed, with systems of growing complexity being treated as the book progresses. Volume I: Fundamentals (1st ed. 1991, 2nd ed. 1993) reviews the physical chemistry required to understand current literature on interfacial and colloid science. The volume starts from first principles and gradually increases the level. Volume II: Solid-Liquid Interfaces (1995) treats the subject systematically for the first time, including adsorption, double layers and electronkinetics. Volume III: Interface Tension covers interfacial tensions, monolayers and wetting.
* Accessible to a wide audience without a detailed knowledge of physics and chemistry
* Complex mathematical derivations are kept to a minimum
* Treats interfacial and colloidal phenomena from first principles (advanced command of physics and chemistry not required)
* Takes the reader from elementary to expert level
* Acts as a reference and a textbook
* Contains extensive and detailed cumulative subject index
Subject: Physical & Earth Sciences -> Chemistry -> Physical Chemistry