Publisher List Price:
The interaction between biology and evolution has been the subject of great interest in recent years. Because evolution is such a highly debated topic, a biologically oriented discussion will appeal not only to scientists and biologists but also to the interested lay person. This topic will always be a subject of controversy and therefore any breaking information regarding it is of great interest.
The author is a recognized expert in the field of developmental biology and has been instrumental in elucidating the relationship between biology and evolution. The study of evolution is of interest to many different kinds of people and Genomic Regulatory Systems: In Development and Evolution is written at a level that is very easy to read and understand even for the nonscientist.
* Contents Include
* Regulatory Hardwiring: A Brief Overview of the Genomic Control Apparatus and Its Causal Role in Development and Evolution
* Inside the Cis-Regulatory Module: Control Logic and How the Regulatory Environment Is Transduced into Spatial Patterns of Gene Expression
* Regulation of Direct Cell-Type Specification in Early Development
* The Secret of the Bilaterians: Abstract Regulatory Design in Building Adult Body Parts
* Changes That Make New Forms: Gene Regulatory Systems and the Evolution of Body Plans
Subject: Biological Sciences & Nutrition -> Environmental Science & Ecology -> Ecology