Publisher List Price:
This handbook--a sequel to the widely used Handbook of Optical Constants of Solids--contains critical reviews and tabulated values of indexes of refraction (n) and extinction coefficients (k) for almost 50 materials that were not covered in the original handbook. For each material, the best known n and k values have been carefully tabulated, from the x-ray to millimeter-wave region of the spectrum by expert optical scientists. In addition, the handbook features thirteen introductory chapters that discuss the determination of n and k by various techniques.
* Contributors have decided the best values for n and k
* References in each critique allow the reader to go back to the original data to examine and understand where the values have come from
* Allows the reader to determine if any data in a spectral region needs to be filled in
* Gives a wide and detailed view of experimental techniques for measuring the optical constants n and k
* Incorporates and describes crystal structure, space-group symmetry, unit-cell dimensions, number of optic and acoustic modes, frequencies of optic modes, the irreducible representation, band gap, plasma frequency, and static dielectric constant
Subject: Trades & Technology -> Technology & Engineering -> Optics