Publisher List Price:
HPLC and CE: Principles and Practice presents the latest information on the most powerful separation techniques available: high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and capillary electrophoresis (CE). Fundamental theory, instrumentation, modes of operation, and optimization of separations are presented in a concise, non-technical style to help the user in choosing the appropriate technique quickly and accurately. Well- illustrated and containing convenientend-of-chapter summaries of the major concepts, the book provides in-depth coverage of trouble-shooting, improvement of resolution, data manipulation, selectivity, and sensitivity.
Graduate students, technicians, and researchers who must use separations with little or no background in analytical chemistry can overcome separation anxiety and get started in obtaining the best possible separations in minimal time. The book will alsobe useful to analytical chemists who need a better understanding of theory and processes.
* Fully up-to-date information on both HPLC and CE includes troubleshooting and comparisons of the two techniques
* Applicable to a wide variety of separation problems
* Covers basic concepts governing any separation as well as instrumentation and how to use it
* Helps the user to obtain optimal resolution in minimal time
* Contains information on special procedures such as chiral separations, affinity chromatography, and sample preparation
* Includes information on upcoming trends such as miniaturization
* Major concepts in each chapter are organized to allow access to information easily and quickly
* Contains practical bibliography for accessing the literature
Subject: Physical & Earth Sciences -> Chemistry -> Clinical