Lung Function Tests Made Easy E-Book
Rent or Buy eTextbook
Publisher List Price:
Lung function testing has evolved over the years from a tool purely used for research and is now a commonly utilised form of clinical investigation. This new book is clear, concise and easy to read, providing both the essential scientific information as well as focusing on the practical aspects of lung function testing. The book is designed so that different chapters can be read as stand-alone sections, but cross-referencing to the other chapters completes the picture for the interested reader.
- The book begins with an outline of lung structure and anatomy, and then proceeds to basic functional considerations before discussing the tests themselves.
- Particular attention is given to spirometry and lung volume measurements.
- The text covers the functional assessment of exercise capacity, respiratory muscle strength and concludes with preoperative evaluation and recommendations.
- The text emphasises practical problems, including controversies associated with lung function testing.
- Boxes emphasise important topics throughout the text.
- Highlighted questions can be used for short tutorials or problem-based learning
Subject: Allied Health & Medical -> Medical -> Internal Medicine