Publisher List Price:
This unique sourcebook serves as a comprehensive reference, bridging the well-established chemistry of nitric oxide and the new and exciting role of nitric oxide as an effector and signaling molecule in numerous biological systems. Nitric Oxide: Principles and Actions relates the chemical properties of the molecule to its possible effects on biological systems, under both normal physiological and pathophysiological conditions. Combining the chemistry and analysis of nitric oxide with newer studies of the relevance of the molecule gives this book a long life, making it extremely useful to researchers in a number of areas.
* Provides a much needed compilation of what is known about nitric oxide and its properties
* Enables researchers to understand the importance and use of nitric oxide in systems of study
* Covers an area of tremendous growth in research
* Provides the first collection of the roles of nitric oxide in microbial and mammalian systems and as a probe of metalloenzymes
* Presents the historically important role of nitric oxide in food preservation
Subject: Allied Health & Medical -> Medical -> Pharmacology