Research Methods for Clinical Therapists E-Book
Rent or Buy eTextbook
Publisher List Price:
Struggling to do a project or dissertation, evaluate published research or conduct your own research? Help is at hand with this 5th edition of Research Methods for Clinical Therapists, which explains, in a clear and simple manner, how to evaluate existing research and how to conduct your own research.
Aimed at undergraduate and postgraduate students, as well as the practising health care professional, the focus of the text is the design and analysis of experimental studies. These are vital to the effectiveness studies that are central to the work of the healthcare professional. Specific examples from different areas of healthcare are used to explain the core research concepts and relate them to clinical situations. Statistical theory and jargon are kept to a minimum.
- 'Key concept' boxes to explain technical research terms
- Activities and exercises (with answers provided in an appendix) to reinforce learning
- Sample critique of a published research article
- Comprehensive coverage of the key components of a robust research study
- Explanation of basic mathematical concepts
- Extended section on calculating sample sizes
- Guidelines on the preparation of posters
- Calculation of Inter-rater reliability measures, including Cohen’s Kappa, ICC (interclass correlation) and Bland-Altman graphs of inter-rater agreement
- Introduction to Receiver Operating Characteristics, for use in screening and diagnostic testing against gold-standards
- The Thurstone Paired Comparison Technique, valuable in capturing the user voice on a variety of service planning, design and development issues
- Undertaking Systematic Reviews
- Relevant further reading for each chapter to support readers in their work.
Subject: Allied Health & Medical -> Health Professions -> Physical Therapy
Applied Project Design and Analysis
5th edition Publisher:
Elsevier Health Sciences (US) 8/7/09 Imprint:
Churchill Livingstone (US) Language:
0702041882 ISBN 13:
9780702041884 Print ISBN: