Publisher List Price:
The increasing realization among behaviorists and psychologists is that many animals learn by observation as members of social systems. Such settings contribute to the formation of culture. This book combines the knowledge of two groups of scientists with different backgrounds to establish a working consensus for future research. The book is divided into two major sections, with contributions by a well-known, international, and interdisciplinary team which integrates these growing areas of inquiry.
* Integrates the broad range of scientific approaches being used in the studies of social learning and imitation, and society and culture
* Provides an introduction to this field of study as well as a starting point for the more experienced researcher
* Chapters are succinct reviews of innovative discoveries and progress made during the past decade
* Includes statements of varied theoretical perspectives on controversial topics
* Authoritative contributions by an international team of leading researchers
Subject: Allied Health & Medical -> Medical -> Pharmacology