Vascular Ultrasound E-Book
Rent or Buy eTextbook
Publisher List Price:
This book provides an understanding of the underlying scientific principles in the production of B-mode and Colour Flow imaging and Spectral Doppler sonograms. A basic description of common vascular diseases is given along with a practical guide as to how ultrasound is used to detect and quantify the disease. Possible treatments of common vascular diseases and disorders are outlined. Ultrasound is often used in post-treatment assessment and this is also discussed. The role of ultrasound in the formation and follow-up of haemodialysis access is a growing field and is covered in detail.
- Practical step-by-step guide to peripheral vascular ultrasound.
- Explains the basic scientific principles of ultrasound instrumention and blood flow.
- Fully illustrated with 175 black and white scans, 150 colour scans and 220 black and white and colour line drawings.
- Contributions from leading names in peripheral vascular ultrasound.
- Accompanying DVD includes cine loops of ultrasound scans in normal and diseased vessels and of optimum scans to show potential pitfalls and common mistakes.
- Four new chapters and two new contributors, both clinical lecturers in vascular ultrasound.
- New chapter on treatment techniques of particular interest to vascular surgeons who increasingly are required to learn basic scanning skills.
- Sections on ultrasound instrumentation updated to cover new developments in equipment such as broadband colour imaging.
- Current practices in all the vascular ultrasound applications covered are reviewed and updated.
Subject: Allied Health & Medical -> Health Professions -> Radiologic Sciences