Weedon's Skin Pathology E-Book
Rent or Buy eTextbook
Publisher List Price:
Thoroughly revised and up-dated, this comprehensive, authoritative reference will help both the experienced and novice practitioner diagnose skin diseases and disorders more accurately and effectively. A superb full colour art programme illustrates the salient pathological features of both neoplastic and non-neoplastic conditions and will help the reader easily interpret key clinical and diagnostic points. This single–authored text incorporates the wealth of Dr Weedon’s own personal observations and experience in his approach to the diagnosis and interpretation of skin biopsies and is full of useful diagnostic clues and pearls. This remarkable book is an indispensable resource for all those involved in the identification and evaluation of skin disorders.
- Encyclopedic reference work that discusses established disorders, unusual and rare disease entities as well as incompletely defined entities.
- The book is comprehensive enough to meet the requirements of trainee and practicing dermatopathologists or pathologists when reporting on the histopathology of skin specimens.
- A single authored text that presents an internationally recognized master diagnostician’s personal philosophy and skill in dealing with the diagnosis of skin biopsies.Provides a uniformity, clarity and internal consistency of approach and style that other books cannot match.
- Over 1,200 large-sized, high quality illustrations.
- Will facilitate an accurate diagnosis by accurately reproducing in the book what is seen through the microscope and thereby help identify the characteristic features of the lesion demonstrated.
- For many of the features listed there will be practical advice on pitfalls and how to avoid them drawn from Dr Weedon’s unrivalled personal experience.Will facilitate the daily practice of dermatopathology and save the practitioner a lot of time and money.
- Tables and boxes that organize diseases into groups, synthesize diagnostic criteria and list differential diagnoses makes the book user friendly and the information easy-to-access.
- Remarkably authoritative, comprehensive, current and relevant reference list for each entity. There are over 35,000 references in the text.This degree of inclusivity facilitates the identification of both key articles and more rare and unusual reports. References only available online in this single volume version.
- New sections on treatment that highlight recent treatment trials and guidelines.
- Clinical descriptions updated.
- Brand new illustrations incorporated throughout.
- 14,000 new references.
- Latest IHC and molecular techniques set within context of histopathological diagnosis.
- OMIM (online Mendelian Inheritance in Man) numbers added for all relevant diseases to provide access to continous update on the scientific basis of hereditary disease.
- Text and images available online via Expert Consult.
Subject: Allied Health & Medical -> Medical -> Pathology
Expert Consult - Online and Print
3rd edition Publisher:
Elsevier Health Sciences (US) 10/30/09 Imprint:
Churchill Livingstone (US) Language:
0702047740 ISBN 13:
9780702047749 Print ISBN: