1) Assume that you are a grandparent raising a grandchild. How would you find the resource “GrandFacts” provided by the AARP?
Helpful to you? Specify at least one feature on the website and discuss how it helps one of the struggles of grandparents raising grandchildren we learned in class.
2) Refer to chapter 6 in the discussion of convoy model. Please describe what yours looks like.
3) Explain how the concept of retirement has changed from agricultural era to post-industrial era.
4) Discuss how Hillier and Barrow (2011) discuss ways in which work and leisure opportunities should be expanded for the next cohort of older adults.
5) Please explain the reason for “Engineering Controls”
6) Please review BYKOTA’s website and review their newsletter (scroll down to the middle of the page under programs and activities and you will see “BYKOTA BUZZ”.
What did you find interesting about this newsletter? What would you get involved in, if you were a member of this senior center?
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.
1. I investigated the “Grandparents raising Grandkids” section of the AARP Grandfacts website. An interesting fact from the website involves the increase of the number if children being raised by grandparents from 4.5 million in 2000 to 4.9 million in 2010. About one-fifth of those children do not know either of their parents. Grandparents face extra stress above and beyond regular parents when raising small children. Although they have more experience than younger adults with children, their physical condition and age act as serious impediments. Grandparents have a more difficult time physically keeping up with small children due to age and are sometimes raising these children on a walker or in a wheelchair. Grandparents also face greater financial challenges because they are usually retired and not earning an active salary from an employer but a pension that was...
This is only a preview of the solution. Please use the purchase button to see the entire solution