E) The manufacturer now offers a revenue-sharing contract satisfying the equations at the bottom of page 246 in Cachon where
λ = -----
1. Identify the resulting wholesale price as well as the fraction of the revenue which the retailer should keep.
2. Find an optimal order quantity for the retailer using the wholesale price and the fraction of supply chain revenue which the retailer should keep found in question E.1.
3. Construct a diagram showing the individual members profit as well as the supply chain profit as a function of the retailer’s order size.
4. Is the revenue-sharing contract offered by the manufacturer a coordinating contract for the supply chain? Argue why or why not.
5. Given the wholesale price and the share of revenue that the retailer keeps in the revenue sharing contract which were found in E.2, then identify a corresponding buy-back contract. Discuss advantages and disadvantages the buy-back contract compared with the revenue-sharing contract.
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files: