Please answer each of the following questions. Also, INTERPRET your answers.
1. A state department of corrections has a policy whereby it accepts as correctional officers only those who score in the top 5 % of a qualifying exam.
The mean of this test is 80.
Standard deviation is 10.
Would a person with a raw score of 95 be accepted? (Calculate a Z score)
2. Given a normal distribution of raw scores with a mean of 60 and a standard deviation of 10, what proportion of cases fall:
a) between a raw score of 40 and 80?
b) between a raw score of 45 and 50?
3. Find the z-score corresponding to a raw score of 50 from a normal distribution with mean 30 and standard deviation 10
4. For a normal distribution where the mean is 50 and the standard deviation is 8, what is the area : Between the scores of 30 and 65?
5. Assume that the distribution of a college entrance exam is normal with a mean of 500 and a standard deviation of 100. For each score below, find the equivalent Z score, the percentage of the area above the score, and the percentage of the area below the score.
Score Z score % Area Above % Area Below
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.
This is only a preview of the solution. Please use the purchase button to see the entire solution