If you are a college or high school student struggling with a subject and needing help with your homework or preparing for a test, keep reading.
Tutors have long served to help students succeed in grades K-12 and college, working one-on-one to assist them with homework or help them to prepare for exams, leading to better grades and greater enjoyment of school. Traditionally, tutors and students have worked in a physical setting. Now, with the rise of online tutoring, these meetings can take place online. Online tutoring is a medium through which academic help in any subject can be provided without the student or tutor ever having to leave home - all you need is a computer and broadband internet. It also allows students to schedule and attend sessions with tutors at their convenience, again without having to leave home.
There are some important things for students to know so that he or she can get the most from their online tutoring sessions:
1. Know exactly what you need help with, whether it's a homework assignment or some concepts that you don't fully understand.
2. Find an online tutoring service you can count on - many are staffed with incompetent tutors or tutors who don't really enjoy helping students learn.
3. Find a tutor you enjoy working with. Within each online tutoring service there will be tutors who are a good fit to your needs and personality and others who aren't.
4. Tell the tutor what help you need. If you have a homework assignment you need help with, upload it to the whiteboard platform so the two of you can work on it together.
5. Provide positive feedback to the tutor who is helping you. This will strengthen the relationship and promote a mutually constructive interaction.
6. Put what the tutor has taught you into practice, including any tips, skills, or special instructions you have gotten. A good tutor will reinforce what you are doing in the classroom, not provide contradictory skills or techniques that may promote confusion.
7. Thank the tutor when a session is completed to let him know how much you appreciate the help you just received.
8. Because of its low cost, use online tutoring as often as you need to in order to achieve the goals you have set for yourself.
Following these tips will help you get the most from your online tutoring sessions, and will help you succeed academically. Do remember that 24HourAnswers.com has tutors specially trained and prepared to help you to be successful in your homework, exams, and understanding.
Here's to your success!