Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
1. Analyze three to four (3-4) of the major components of the agency’s human resource system, processes, and performance evaluation plan for hiring and retaining a diversified workforce. (Title this section Human Resource Processes.)
2. Analyze and describe the implications impacting the agency’s current employment trend, growth, and delivery of its products and services. (Title this section Implications of Human Resource Workforce.)
3. Recommend two to three (2-3) managerial and professional skills and competencies required to improve the agency’s workforce by explaining each recommendation, providing reasons each recommendation would bring about improvement, providing two to three (2-3) ways the agency could implement programs in preparation for those skills not visible within the agency’s workforce as a method of promotion and advancement for current employees. (Title this section Succession Planning for Human Resource Management.)
4. Describe the consultant position you are performing by (a) giving it a title; (b) explaining two to three (2-3) major specifications required of the job and how each will be measured in a performance evaluation; and by (c) explaining two to three (2-3) ways this position will be used within the various departments of the agency and for meeting the specific goals / objectives of the agency. (This job description will be provided to the Agency Director who has requested it. As a resource, you are to use the Dictionary of Occupational Titles, located at occupationalinfo website and published by the U. S. Department of Labor located at usajob website (Title this section Job Analysis and Design.)
5. Provide proof of one to two (1-2) interviews submitting the completed interview form with a list of questions for and responses from each interviewee. (Put this in the Appendix under Interview Forms.)
6. Provide four to five (4-5) relevant and credible outside resources that support the content of this assignment. (Include no more than one (1) non-government Website.)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The sections must have appropriate titles. The cover page, reference page, and appendix pages are not included in the required assignment page length. The assignment must be submitted as a Microsoft Word document.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Recommend ways to improve specific areas of public administration.
• Analyze the major components of the system, processes, and methods for effective human resource management in the public sector.
• Assess external organizational and employee conditions, trends, and implications of these factors for human resource management of the private sector.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in public administration.
• Write clearly and concisely about public administration using proper writing mechanics.
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.The Federal Bureau of Prisons is a government agency that protects the American people by confining offenders. It also offers correctional and rehabilitation programs to offenders so that after their release they become law-abiding citizens. This is done by instilling the American mainstream values to the inmates. It is houses around 210,000 inmates. The facility has branches all over the country. BOP creates an environment that allows inmates to participate in self-improvement when serving their jail terms. BOP endeavors to uphold high levels of ethics in execution of its mandate (Federal Bureau of Prisons, 2015).
Human Resource Processes
America is a state that believes in equal employment opportunities. Her institutions are therefore expected to pursue the values that the government shares. This explains why BOP gives opportunities to applicants who are best suited to perform the respective duties. The starting point of the employment process starts at advertising available positions publicly as enshrined in the American constitution. This allows fair competition. The agency is a strong believer of affirmative action which means that minority interests are factored in during the recruitment process. Successful applicants are taken through aggressive training and orientation so that they can understand the agency’s values, mission and institutional values that they should subscribe to in their line of duty (Federal Bureau of Prisons, 2015)....