6 . Kovner discusses how HCO boards and managers are increasingly accountable for their organizations’ performance.
Boards and managers, however, sometimes perceive these as limits on their autonomy, while the requirements were developed in an effort to ensure access, quality of care, and cost control.
• What are some of the ways to measure performance of HCOs?
• What skills and experience are required to own and manage HCOs?
6-3 Case Study: Strategic Plan
Review the case study about the Montefiore Medical Center’s 2009–2010 strategic plan located in your text (Kovner et al., 2011), Chapter 14, pp. 312–313.
Consider the following questions:
• How will the organizational performance at Montefiore be measured?
• Why don’t all HCOs have strategic goals like Montefiore’s?
• What contributions should the management team make? Explain in detail.
7. The delivery of healthcare services is dependent on the availability of skilled professionals who can provide needed care and supporting services.
• List and explain two factors that determine the supply of doctors and nurses.
• • Also, to what degree can nurses substitute for doctors?
8-1 Reflection Journal
Part II: Now think about a specific healthcare organization:
• Are there any differences for creating an effective delivery system?
• Who are the important stakeholders in a healthcare delivery system?
8-2 Case Study: Recommendations: Comparative Effective Research
You will be graduating from college soon with a degree in healthcare management.
You are considering different career choices and would like to work for the government.
You are thinking of applying to both state and local health departments but are unsure of what types of activities you may be involved with as a healthcare manager.
You will present a memo to your potential employer on comparative effectiveness research (CER) recommendations and efforts toward one of the models described in the text (Chapter 13, pp. 278–280).
• Using the internet, look up the state and local health departments in your state and provide a brief overview of their activities (three to five points).
• Discuss the role that state and local health departments have in healthcare.
• Describe the purpose, function, and mechanisms of the CER Model you recommend.
• Identify the benefits of implementing this CER system.
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.
6. According to Konver et al., (2011) high performance healthcare organizations are driven by accurate data to offer operational decision-making, financial, and clinical outcomes that provide solutions. Due to the sensitive nature of the healthcare sector, healthcare organizations are supposed to exhibit high levels of performance. Kovner et al., (2011) points out that these organizations should aim at satisfying all their stakeholders. This is mainly achieved through accountability and delivering transparency. The workforce working in these organizations labor collaboratively to realize the organization’s goals while creating the best practices. Therefore, a HCO’s performance can be measured by the level of accountability and transparency of the organization...
This is only a preview of the solution. Please use the purchase button to see the entire solution