Assume that you are a Quality Officer who is responsible for one of the state’s largest healthcare organizations. You have been told that the quality of patient care has decreased, and you have been assigned a project that is geared toward increasing quality of care for the patients. Your Chief Executive Officer has requested a six to eight-page summary of your recommended initiatives.
Note: You may create and /or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a 6-8 page paper in which you:
1. Analyze three (3) quality initiatives for your organization.
2. Determine the supporting factors that would aid in the reduction of healthcare cost in your organization without reducing quality of care for the patients.
3. Differentiate between quality in a free market healthcare system and in single payer government system with three (3) examples for each.
4. Specify three (3) common law quality initiatives that are still found in 21st century healthcare organizations.
5. Defend your position on the importance of healthcare quality for your organization. Provide support with at least three (3) examples that illustrate your position.
6. Assemble a plan to protect patient information that complies with all legal requirements.
7. Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.Healthcare Quality
Quality of patient care in Oregon Hospital is decreasing, and it is my duty as a quality officer to work closely with the chief executive officer towards increasing the quality of care for the patients. According to Bombard et al., (1), one of the quality initiatives will be to engage patients on ways of improving their care. I will involve the IT section towards building an external website whereby the patients will virtually interact with the hospital administration. The patients will present their experiences in the hospital and anonymously submit their dislikes about the hospital operations. The patients' website will offer educational forums on policy implementation to enhance quality service delivery and leadership.
The second quality initiative for the hospital is establishing a compassionate care program that will explore patient safety in the hospital. The hospital staff, especially the nurses, will selflessly show compassion, which will include reacting to pain and distress experienced by patients. The hospital will further establish a compassion in practice document that encourages communication, commitment, and competence. The report attempts to rectify the patients' negative health services experiences and the dehumanizing treatment of patients. Bivins, Tierney, and Seers (3) state that the compassionate care program will check the feasibility of implementing some solutions towards neglect and unsafe treatment. The document on compassionate care will consider the need to offer cost-effective services and measures to ease the problems encountered among the patients (Bivins, Tierney & Seers, 3).
Abdallah (2) states that another quality initiative for the hospital is setting targets to improve the hospital's effectiveness and access. I will categorize the efforts of the hospital towards improving the healthcare services towards the patients. The scorecard will be the implemented quality initiatives in the previous years and comparing them with the deliverables...