Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question. Note that a question and its answers may be split across a page break, so be sure that you have seen the entire question and all the answers before choosing an answer.
1. Which of the following would not typically appear on the parts list of an assembly drawing?
A. The part number
B. The part material
C. The part vendor
D. The part name
2. Two design engineers are discussing the creation of engineering drawings using AutoCAD. Engineer A says that since the schematic representation of threads can be created using the ARray command, it's the most time-effective way to draw threads. Engineer B says that when using the simplified representation of threads, the minor diameter in the rectangular view should be drawn on the center layer. Which of the following statements is correct?
A. Only Engineer A is correct.
B. Both Engineer A and Engineer B are correct.
C. Only Engineer B is correct.
D. Neither Engineer A nor Engineer B is correct
3. Which of the following components of engineering drawings would be the most unlikely to appear on an assembly drawing?
B. Section lines
C. Title block
D. Leader lines
4. Two design engineers are discussing the creation of engineering drawings using AutoCAD. Engineer A says that MODIFY commands have simplified adding balloons to an assembly drawing. Engineer B says that you should lock the Visible layer when you remove hidden lines from detail drawings to create assembly drawings. Which of the following statements is correct?
A. Only Engineer A is correct.
B. Only Engineer B is correct.
C. Neither Engineer A nor Engineer B is correct.
D. Both Engineer A and Engineer B are correct.
5. Which of the following AutoCAD command options is used to position and draw ellipses when you're creating isometric pictorials?
A. Polar tracking
B. Isometric axes
6. Imagine that you're creating an assembly drawing using AutoCAD. Which of the following series of commands would you most likely use to transition part drawings for use in the assembly drawing?
A. COpy, Move, Mirror
B. SNap, ELlipse, Grid
C. Line, QUADrants, TRim
D. Override, Dimension, Update
7. Which of the following statements regarding the addition of tolerances to AutoCAD drawings is incorrect?
A. The Tolerance tab controls the appearance of a toleranced dimension.
B. The Tolerance tab controls the values of a toleranced dimension.
C. Dimension Update is best for many tolerances with the same plus/minus values.
D. The Override button can be found in the Dimension Style Manager.
8. Which of the following components of a tolerance for a part found on a drawing is the size that's used to calculate the limits of the part?
B. Maximum condition
C. Minimum condition
D. Basic size
9. A shaft has a basic dimension of 0.625 inch and a tolerance of +.010"/–.005". Which of the following is the correct MMC of this shaft?
10. A drawing that's generated by drawing the width and depth of an object on lines that are at a 30° angle from horizontal is called an
A. isometric pictorial.
B. oblique projection.
C. oblique pictorial.
D. isometric projection.
11. Which of the following is the tap-drill diameter for a 10-32 UNF – 2B threaded hole?
12. An application of isometric pictorials that's used to isolate the individual parts in an assembly to illustrate how they'll fit together is called a/an _______ drawing.
A. exploded assembly
B. oblique pictorial
C. detailed pictorial
D. linear features
13. When you _______ a drawing, you add a series of aligned circles and leader lines to identify parts on an assembly drawing.
14. Which of the following is the counterbore diameter for an M10 socket head cap screw?
15. Which of the following AutoCAD features will assist you in creating pictorials by providing a drawing grid and snap functions that are aligned 30° above horizontal?
A. Oblique snap
B. Isometric snap
C. ISOCIRCLE D. QUADrants
16. Imagine that you need to draw standard nuts and bolts as part of an assembly drawing using AutoCAD. Which of the following AutoCAD features would you investigate to determine whether these parts are available as a pre-drawn object, before you attempt to draw them from scratch?
A. The MODIFY commands
B. The Mechanical Tool palette
C. The parametric panel
D. The grip boxes
17. Which of the following thread drawing methods should not be used in section drawings of external threads?
A. Standard representation
B. Detailed representation
C. Schematic representation
D. Simplified representation
18. A thread on an engineering drawing is identified as 3/8-16 UNC-2A-RH. What is the major diameter of this thread?
A. 16 mm
B. 2 mm
C. 0.16 inch
D. 3/8 inches
19. One of the first steps in drawing isometric pictorials is to use construction lines to create the _______, which will become the defining box for the object you're drawing.
A. object lines
B. linear features
C. cavalier projections
D. isometric axes
20. When you're planning the dimensions and tolerances for an engineering drawing, if you can reduce the number of controlling dimensions that are used on a series of related features, you'll reduce the amount of
A. tolerance accumulation.
B. angular tolerance.
C. tolerance designation.
D. fundamental deviation.
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.
Q1: the answer is option C
Q2: the answer is option A
Q3: the answer is option B
Q4: the answer is option B
Q5: the answer is option C...
This is only a preview of the solution. Please use the purchase button to see the entire solution