These are the sorts of questions you should be thinking about for a discussion of the data.
1. What is the general trend for each species?
2. Is the trend the same for the shark and turtle?
3. Why are there or aren’t there these differences? Do they inhabit different environments or the same? Are there differences in physiology?
4. What is the normal Hct for each type of animal (you may or may not be able to find the answer for the exact species)?
5. Why are no experimental hematocrits near the “blood only” Hct?
6. What do the trends tell you about the relative abilities of each animal to handle osmotic stress? Over what range? Why?
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice. Unethical use is strictly forbidden.
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files: