Write a paper about Gas gangrene disease and its agent CLOSTRIDIUM PERFRINGENS
Write a more detailed description of the disease process from a cell biological or genetic / or molecular biological point of view
Describe 2 or 3 of the following in your assignment
• Changes in the gene expression - will any certain genes get active ( switched) - how and what is being expressed?
• Production of toxins, enzymes , etc. - what are their functions, describes in biochemical or molecular perspective?
• Treatment of the disease (antibiotics or antivirals.
• What are the molecular processes that is inhibited by these substances in the pathogenic organism?
• What are the genetic and molecular changes in the pathogenic organism, which give rise to resistance to a particular antibiotic?
• How is the disease expressed in a biological level
• The infectious agent – the organism that causes the disease – what is it able to do and what is it ?
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.
Clostridium perfringens is a rod-shaped, gram-positive bacterium which causes gas gangrene disease, a serious skin and tissue disease. According to Vyas, Zieve and Black (2013), gas gangrene causes the skin to swell up significantly and turn brownish-red. The gas is created by the bacteria performing anaerobic respiration, which can damage not only the skin, but blood vessels in the vicinity. Often, gas gangrene occurs “at the site of trauma or a recent surgical wound,” and is automatically a life-threatening condition because excess carbon dioxide gas can enter the bloodstream and damage the heart (Vyas, Zieve and Black, 2013). Ba-Thein et al (1996) found that Clostridium perfringens produces three different toxins; phospholipase C (alpha-toxin), perfringolysin O (theta-toxin) and collagenase (kappa-toxin), which all cause significant damage to the skin when released...
This is only a preview of the solution. Please use the purchase button to see the entire solution