1. Which of the following is currently considered non-living?
A. bacteria and viruses
C. protozoans and bacteria
D. fungi and algae
class DEFINITION I gave you of microbiology? the LITERAL MEANING and a DEFINITION of the term "microbiology". Which of the following is
A the study of prokaryotes and eukaryotes
B. the study of what is too small too be seen with the unaided eye
C. the study of living microbes that can only be viewed with a microscope
D. the study of small life
E. the study of bacteria, fungi, algae, and protozoans
The definition of the term "microbiology" given in class does not always perfectly represent ALL groups of microbes.
Using our definition, which of the following would be EXCLUDED from our studies?
the protozoans, because some of these microbes are large enough to view without a microscope
B. the fungi and algae, because some of these microbes are large enough to view without a microscope
the fungi, algae, and viruses, because some of these microbes are large enough to view without a
D. the viruses, because they are considered non-living
E. the bacteria and viruses, because a microscope is always required to view these microbes
4. Which of the following is the correct meaning of "spontaneous generation"?
A. the study of small life
B. the study of what is too small to be seen with the unaided eye
C. living organisms can only arise from pre-existing living cells
D. maggots arise from fly eggs
E. living organisms can arise from non-living matter
5. Which of the following historical persons was the first to suggest microbes cause disease?
6. Which of the following historical persons was the first to view microbes?
D. van Leeuwenhoek
7. Which A. of the Leeuwenhoek following historical persons provided the first direct evidence that microbes cause disease?
8. Which A. of the following historical persons created @ drug to treat syphilis?
9. physicians? Which of the following historical persons suggested a link between childhed fever and the unwashed hands
microbe Which of the following historical persons created a vaccination using a microbe similar too, but less deadly than the
that causes the disease?
E. Pasteur and Chamberland
11. The Roman philosopher Lucretius suggested two important ideas about microorganisms. Which of the following
historical persons provided the first evidence that his ideas were correct?
A. van Leeuwenhoek and Redi
B. Pasteur and Koch
C. Redi and Jenner
D. van Leeuwenhoek and Lister
E. Spallanzani and Koch
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction
of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice.
Unethical use is strictly forbidden.