1. (10 points) Describe the chemical interactions possible between amino acid side
chains, and describe the principal chemical force(s) that drives protein folding.
2. (10 points) State whether the below statement is true or false. If false, provide a brief
explanation for why it is false.
RNA polymerase synthesizes mature mRNA that is ready for ribosomal translation.
3. (10 points) Predict the amino acid sequence that would be translated below
mRNA sequence. In your answer, explain how this mRNA is translated into the specific
amino acid sequence you predict.
5'-AUG CUU UGC AGA ACC ACU UAG-3'
4. (10 points) Circle the correct answer. If false, briefly state why.
a. The ribosome processes mRNA from the 3'-5- direction.
b. The ribosome is a protein that translates mRNA sequence to protein sequence.
5. (10 points) Describe two regions within tRNA that allow it to be involved in translating
mRNA sequence to a defined protein sequence.
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction
of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice.
Unethical use is strictly forbidden.