Question

Non-NFL Event P&L
Your stadium has just held a concert over the weekend, using the below facts create a Profit and Loss statement:
The artist was guaranteed $5,000,000 plus 5% of general admission ticket sales net of applicable taxes. The artist will be reimbursing the venue for costs of putting up and taking down the stage, security/police, EMT and Fire. The artist will be giving the venue a fee of $10,000 for the right to sell merchandise for the event on their own, $85,000 for the right to use the stadium’s concert flooring, and $400,000 as a rental fee.
Paid attendance for the event was 48,000 of which 90% of the seats were sold in general admission locations and the remaining 10% were sold in the suites.
The average general admission ticket was sold for $85.
The average suite seat was sold for $225 of which $100 was the ticket price and $125 was the license fee component.
A facility fee of $3 was charged for every ticket sold.
The venue collects a 2% ticket royalty on ticket sales only.
The price per car parked was $30 and the patrons that attended the event average 2.5 patrons per car.
The no-show rate for the show was 4%.
The concessions agreement calls for concessions to be paid to the venue at 34%.
Per capita food and beverage spending for the concert was $21.50
The tax rate in the state of operation is 7% and only applies to ticket sales.
The stadium employed 500 security guards for the event. The union collective bargaining agreement calls for a 6 hour shift. The union rate is $23.50/hour which is inclusive of all benefits. Each security guard worked 5 hours.
The stadium employed 100 cleaners for after the event. The union rate is $17/hour which is inclusive of all benefits. Each cleaner worked 3 different 8 hour shifts.
It cost $400,000 to put up and take down the stage.
Other costs included:
oStadium Maintenance - $75,000
oParking - $50,000
oEMT - $12,000
oFire - $5,000
oLaw Enforcement - $90,000
oOther - $31,500
Assume only the facts given above when completing the Profit and Loss statement for the event.
What was the profitability or loss created by this event?
If any assumptions need to be made clearly describe them when submitting.

Solution Preview

This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.

Non-NFL Event P&L

This is only a preview of the solution. Please use the purchase button to see the entire solution

Related Homework Solutions

Business Questions: iPod and iPad Division
Homework Solution
$13.00
Business
Accounting
Administration
Finance
Economy
Variable Costs
Fixed Costs
Contribution Margin
Net Income
Sales Mix Percentage
Contribution Margin Ratio
Preparing A Balance Sheet
Homework Solution
$18.00
Finance
Accounting
Economy
Administration
Balance Sheet
Debt
Goods
Sales Revenue
Taxes
Expenses
Cash
Equipment
Stock
Prepaid Expenses
Doubtful Accounts
Allowance
Accounting Questions
Homework Solution
$75.00
Business
Accounting
Santangelo
Falmouth
Revenue
Expenses
Net
Bonds
Pension
Fund
Cash
Accounting Questions
Homework Solution
$15.00
Accounting
Income
Statement
Balance
Sheet
Rounded
Nearest
Dollar
Assets
Ledger
Account
Liability
Accounting Questions
Homework Solution
$50.00
Business
Finance
Accounting
Bank Balance
Book Balance
Cash
Outstanding Checks
Companies
Bank Services
Memorandum Form
Deduction
Promissory Note
Maturity Dates
Get help from a qualified tutor
Live Chats