DEATH VALLEY RESORT
August 31, 2012
Cash $ 24,600
Prepaid Insurance 5,400
Accounts Payable $ 6,500
Unearned Rent Revenue 6,800
Mortgage Payable 120,000
Common Stock 100,000
Rent Revenue 80,000
Salaries and Wages Expense 53,000
Utilities Expense 9,400
Maintenance and Repairs Expense
1. Insurance expires at the rate of $500 per month.
2. A count of supplies on August 31 shows $900 of supplies on hand.
3. Annual depreciation is $6,600 on buildings and $4,000 on equipment.
4. Unearned rent of $4,000 was earned prior to August 31.
5. Salaries of $600 were unpaid at August 31.
6. Rentals of $1,600 were due from tenants at August 31. (Use Accounts Receivable.)
7. The mortgage interest rate is 6% per year. (The mortgage was taken out August 1.)
(a) Journalize the adjusting entries on August 31 for the 3-month period June 1 August 31.
(b) Prepare a ledger using T accounts. Enter the trial balance amounts and post the adjusting entries.
(c) Prepare an adjusted trial balance on August 31.
(d) Prepare an income statement and a retained earnings statement for the 3 months ended August 31 and a classified balance sheet as of August 31.
(e) Identify which accounts should be closed on August 31.
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice. Unethical use is strictly forbidden.
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files: