Figure 1: Employee Carpool Habits
• Frequency of Use: Carpooling Portion of Workforce
• Every day, every week 10,138 (23%)
• Certain days, every week 4,361 (11%)
• Randomly 983 (2%)
• Never 28,018 (64%)
Figure 2: Use of Public Transportation
• Frequency of Use: Public Transportation Portion of Workforce
• Every day, every week 23,556 (54%)
• Certain days, every week 2,029 (5%)
• Randomly 5,862 (13%)
• Never 12,053 (28%)
Figure 3: Effect of Potential Improvements to Public Transportation
Which of the following would you encourage you to use public transportation more frequently? (Check all that apply) Portion of Respondents. Employees can check more than one.
• Increased perceptions of safety 4,932 (28%)
• Improved cleanliness 852 (5%)
• Reduced commute times 7,285 (41%)
• Greater convenience: fewer transfers 3,278 (18%)
• Greater convenience: more stops 1,155 (6%)
• Lower (or subsidized) fares 5,634 (31%)
• Nothing could encourage me to take public transportation 8,294 (46%)
Note: This question was asked to those respondents who use public transportation randomly or never, a subgroup that represents 17,915 employees or 41% of the workforce.
Figure 4: Is Telecommuting An Option?
• Does the nature of your work make telecommuting a realistic option? Portion of Workforce
• Yes, every day 3,460 (8%)
• Yes, several days a week 8,521 (20%)
• Yes, random days 12,918 (30%)
• No 18,601 (42%)
Write a recommendation memo report to your supervisor, Ms. Suarez illustrating the data you have collected and recommending two ways to solve this problem.
This is a short report; therefore, your report will not include a title page, a table of contents, or appendices. The visualized data must be within the text (body) of the report; do not place the data at the end of the report.
TO: Ms. Suarez, CEO
FROM: Insert Your Name
DATE: Month Day, Year
SUBJECT: Workforce Transportation Habits
Begin your report memo with a brief introductory statement outlining the background, problem/opportunity/purpose, scope, and organization of the report. Refer to your text for assistance.
In the body of your report, you are required to illustrate each set of data with figures.
Keep in mind this portion of the report requires an appropriate heading, and each of the four figures requires a reference statement, a caption, and if applicable, a legend. Do not
place the data in a bulleted/numbered list or in a table.
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.As our company employs 43,500 people, our workforce has a great impact on local traffic. This report summarizes employee survey habits and explores how the impact can be reduced. In return, the time taken to get to work for our employees will be lower; as well it should result in reduction of local traffic crowds.
The summary of our employee surveys is represented in the four figures below.
Figure 1 represents the carpooling habits of our workforce in a frequency pie...