Review the SHRM case, “Religious Discrimination and Racial Harassment: What Ever Happened to MarShawn DeMur?”
Prepare a 4–6 page case analysis on the topic of strategic management and why it is critical to the success of an organization in meeting its goals and mission.
In your analysis respond to the following question:
What is strategic management and why is it critical to the success of an organization in meeting its goals and mission?
Your analysis of this case should reflect an understanding of the critical issues of the case, integrating the material covered in the text, and present concise and well-reasoned justifications for the stance that you take.
Case analysis criteria: Your case analysis should consist of:
• A brief analysis of the situation and pending decision problem, as presented in the case, and as relevant to your answer. This should be exceptionally brief and you should assume the person reading the Assignment is familiar with the details of the case.
• Identification of the major issues surrounding the organization or individuals involved with the organization.
• Identification of alternate courses of action to address the issues identified.
• The decision or recommendation for action, with the appropriate supporting arguments.
• The case question is designed to guide the direction of your analysis in the case. Your analysis should address and ultimately answer the question.
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.
This case present two issues namely: disparate treatment and religious and racial discrimination in the workplace. The situation described in this case involves an employee who has encountered unpleasant treatment, harassment and discrimination from his co-workers due to his religious beliefs. Additionally the employee believes that he has been denied promotion because of his religious beliefs which is a violation of the company’s policy. The pending decision problem in this case is how best to resolve the case of an employee who has brought a complaint about religious discrimination against the company. Treton Communications has a clear anti-discrimination, diversity and harassment policy, and Maalick believes that the decision to hire an outsider instead of him may have been influenced by religious considerations...
This is only a preview of the solution. Please use the purchase button to see the entire solution