2. Describe the types of supervisory communications.
3. Discuss non-verbal communication and the role it plays in the workplace.
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice. Unethical use is strictly forbidden.This Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHA) is focused on two major activities which include standard-setting along with conduct of inspections to ensure that employers use stringent practices to provide safety to the employees. The Act also encourages the states to take proactive steps towards the development of job safety programs across their states. The OSHA standards have been categorized under 4 major groups of agriculture, general industry, maritime and construction. There are customized standards depending on the type of industry. Due to the complexity of addressing safety standards for all industries, OSHA has formulated the general duty clause as per which it is the responsibility of the employer to provide hazard-free working environment for the employees so that they do not work under the risk of death or serious physical harm. However, there are also some basic provisions and standards that are general and applicable across all industries which have been discussed below (Society for Human Resource Management, 2008).
• Access to medical & exposure records – As per the Act, the employees, their representatives together with OSHA can access the medical records which also includes records that demonstrate the exposure of the employees to toxic materials.
• Hazard communication – As per this standard, it is mandatory for all importers as well as manufacturers of hazardous substances to evaluate the substances for their hazard element. There should be a material safety data sheet (MSDS) that should be used during employee training to acquaint them with the hazards posed by the substances and strategies to avoid the same.
• Personal protective equipment – As per this standard, it is mandatory for all the employers to provide all...
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files: