• Which organizations and industries/sectors does it relate to?
• Analyze the general environment of the company. (Hint: Discuss 10 major external forces that affect the company: economic, social, cultural, demographic, environmental, political, governmental, legal, technological, and competitive forces.) Explain.
• Is the organization doing well or badly and how has it performed in the past? Is it an organization that has an unbroken record of success or has it fallen on hard times? Explain.
• Look at the development of the organization over time. What strategies has it pursued? Why? Explain. Which have succeeded and which have failed? How successful has the organization been – and on what bases do you know? Explain.
• What are your initial impressions of the main issues and choices confronting the organization? Is it in an expanding industry/sector, or a maturing one? Are customer needs changing? Does the organization confront a variety of opportunities? Explain.
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.Introduction
This report is based on the analysis of the company Merck & Co. Inc. The company is a major player in the healthcare industry as it has been offering a wide range of solutions to meet the health needs of the consumers such as therapies, prescription medicines, vaccines, consumer care products and animal health products. The foundation of the company dates back to 1891 and since then, it has grown to become one of the top brands in the healthcare industry. Its headquarters are situated in Whitehouse Station, New Jersey (Yahoo Finance, 2014).
General environment analysis
The general environment of the company comprises of factors which can have a significant influence on the business of the company and are beyond the control of the company. Merck operates in the healthcare industry which is subjected to stringent regulations since any error can cost the life of the patient. As an example, if it develops a drug that can have adverse effects on some categories of patients, those patients can face serious consequences and Merck can suffer from loss of brand image. The main forces have been analyzed under....