Research the corporation on its own Website, the public filings on the Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR database and any other sources you can find. The annual report will often provide insights that can help address some of these questions.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
1. Determine the impact of the company's mission, vision, and primary stakeholders on its overall success.
2. Analyze the five (5) forces of competition to determine how they impact the company.
3. Create a SWOT analysis for the company to determine its major strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
4. Based on the SWOT analysis, outline a strategy for the company to capitalize on its strengths and opportunities, and minimize its weaknesses and threats.
5. Discuss the various levels and types of strategies the firm may use to maximize its competitiveness and profitability.
6. Outline a communications plan the company could use to make the strategies you recommend above known to all stakeholders.
7. Select two (2) corporate governance mechanisms used by this corporation and evaluate how effective they are at controlling managerial actions.
8. Evaluate the effectiveness of leadership within this corporation and make at least one (1) recommendation for improvement.
9. Assess efforts by this corporation to be a responsible (ethical) corporate citizen and determine the impact these efforts (or lack thereof) have on the company's bottom line. Provide specific examples to support your response.
10. Use at least five (5) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.Introduction
This report is based on the analysis of the company Panera Bread. The company is operating in the restaurant industry in the segment of bakery-café. The product portfolio comprises of several baked items such as bread, customized sandwiches, pastas and soups. Since its foundation in 1981, the company has been using the franchising route to expand its operations (Yahoo Finance, 2015). The strategic position and recommendations have been analyzed in this paper.
Impact of vision, mission and stakeholders on overall success of the company
Farfan (n.d.) has stated that the company has one vision and mission statement which has been written as to provide one loaf of bread in every arm. This statement focuses the attention of the company on its primary product – bread and communicates its focused differentiation strategy to all the employees and stakeholders. The most important stakeholder group of the company are its consumers and accordingly, the company wants to reach to as many consumers as possible. The short mission statement directs the focus of the stakeholders on the key aspects of the business. However, it is important to consider that the vision statement defines the reason behind the existence of the business. This statement is very specific and it also narrows the growth prospects of the company. Vision statements are broad statements which define the responsibility of the business to all the stakeholders. However, in case of Panera, the focus is restricted to consumers and target markets. Therefore, it can be concluded that the statements are not very effective and should be revised so that they provide guidance about the future direction of the company and also defines the stakeholder groups and the duties to them. The vision statement states the long term objectives and this is used to formulate shorter term plans to enhance the competitive position in the short term.
Analysis of the competitive forces using Porter’s Five Forces model
Panera Bread has a strong brand image since it has grown from a consumer base of 60 customers per day to 7 million consumers per day (Rutter, 2013). However...