• Option 2
Select a business and process of your choosing. Note: It is recommended that you use the same business for each assessment in this course. Before choosing a company, read all three of the assessments thoroughly to ensure the following:
o The company fits the assessment requirements and you have access to the information needed to complete the assessment.
o The business information is disclosed in the assessment for faculty's reference.
o You can distribute the business data without disclosing confidential information.
• Option 2
Your boss, a director, has tasked you with a process improvement project. She is relying on you to prepare an analysis and recommendations that can be presented to the executive team of the company.
Include the following in your process improvement plan:
o Assess the steps for a selected process.
- Develop a flowchart showing the process' steps. You may include as many steps as are relevant for your selected scenario.
- If using Wild Dog Coffee Company, show the steps for preparing an espresso beverage (for example, latté, cappuccino); there are two steps that must be included: (1) order is submitted and (2) beverage is handed to the customer. Hint: You may want to visit a local coffee shop to observe the beverage preparation process.
- Prepare a procedure documenting the selected process. At a minimum, the procedure must document the following for your selected process:
- Metrics. Identify at least two metrics that will be useful in determining how well the new process is performing. Be sure to identify the target value of the metric and how you will measure it.
- For Wild Dog Coffee Company, it could be how well the beverage preparation process is performing. A third metric is already identified for you: order delivery time. (This is the time between when the order is submitted and the time the beverage is handed to the customer.)
- Procedure. This section describes each step of the process.
- For Wild Dog Coffee Company, your procedure should be titled, “Espresso Beverage Preparation Process.” Be sure to include order submittal and handing the beverage to the customer as part of the procedure.
- Purpose (of the procedure). This section describes what the procedure is intended to do.
- Analyze data for process changes for a selected process. Respond to the following questions:
- Is the process centered? Provide the results of your calculations and the rationale for your decision by thinking about the process capability.
- Is the process capable at 3-sigma? Provide the results of your calculations and the rationale for your decision by thinking about the process capability index.
- Is the process in statistical control? Provide the appropriate numbers and the rationale for your decision using a control chart for individuals.
- For Wild Dog Coffee Company, analyze the Beverage Service Times [XLSX] data. This data is for 50 beverage preparation events and was collected using their order processing system. Each individual order gets a time-stamp when it is placed and again when the beverage is handed to the customer. The senior barista thinks the beverage delivery times should range between 2 and 3 minutes. The known process standard deviation, which has been calculated on an on-going basis, is 0.5903 minutes.
- Analyze the cause and effect of process variances.
- Brainstorm possible sources of variation to create a cause-and-effect diagram to help analyze potential sources of variation in the espresso beverage preparation process at Wild Dog Coffee Company or for your selected business' process. Your diagram must include at least four of the “6 Ms” (that is, management, manpower, method, measurement, machine, materials).
- Recommend quality and customer service improvements for a selected process.
- Detail the results of your analysis for Wild Dog Coffee Company or your selected business' process to substantiate your recommendations.
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice. Unethical use is strictly forbidden.Introduction
This is a process imporvement project where the boss has asked us to analyse the process of preparing the espresso beverage and improve the handling time of the order. There are several processes that go into the preparation of the espresso beverage (latte, cappuccino or others as ordered by the customer). The process starts with the order being submitted by the customer as step 1 and the beverage being handed to the customer as the last step 11 as shown in the flow chart below that shows the various steps in handling an order.
Value added and non-value added steps
Assessing the various steps in the process of brewing the coffee enables us to gather information about the time taken for each of the steps and also on improving on the time and quality at the various steps. For example in the process of brewing the coffee at the Wild Dog Coffee company, there are both value-addedd services and non-value added services that take up the time of brewing the coffee. While the value added services cannot be improved upon further, the non value added services can be improved upon by reducing the time taken up for them. We will discuss the same by analysing the flowchart below.
SIPOC for process improvement
A process improvement project can be carried over through creating a SIPOC diagram which is basically a tool that is used to identify the necessary elements that is required to make a process improvement before it can be implemented. The tool name SIPOC indicates the suppliers, inputs, processes, outputs and the customers for...
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files: