Problem 1. To determine which students should receive scholarships university admis-
sions officer decided tostudy the relationship between student's scorconthe SAT verbal
est (taken the final yearofhighschool) and the student's college GPA at the endofthe
sophomore year. Ten student records were examined with following results The reported
exam scores are the actual scores divided 100.
Student SAT GPA
Let be SAT score and be GPA. Then [x2 354.05 [r 93.14. [XY
180.66. [x 58.5 and [Y 30.2.
(1) Find the last squares regression linc.
(2)Find the correlation coefficient r
(3)Calculate the estimated standard crror in the linear regression.
(4) Construct 99% confidence interval for the slope 8of the regression line
(5) Predict student 's GPA at thc end of the sophomore year when his or her SAT verbal
test scorci 5.5 (Usca90% prediction interval)
(6) Do the data provide sufficient indicate that student SAT verbal test score
provides mation to predict the student' GPA the end the sophomore year Test
(c) Rejectic region
Study the association o with femoral necl bone density for moresmo cingtwins
based data file bonc.jmp. Use Pack-years smoking predictor the Femoral
neck bone density response variable. As described AB_ 02 S2018.pdf, Twin for
less smoking twin. Twin2 for more smoking twin. Please review the data description the
(1) Write the least square equation for the fitted regression line
(2) is there association between femoral bonc density and smoking? Please
test the slope of the linear regression. Find the p-value using JMP and make your
(3) What the difference in femoral neck bonc densities between participants
who differ smoking by Please answer the question using the least
(4) What percent of variation femoral neck bone density explained by
(5) What the standard deviation the estimated mean femoral neck bonc
density 2 ycars old Australian, more smoking female twin who smoked 30 pack
years? (You estimate the standard deviation estimated mean femoral neck
bone density when : years page and 43 of the lecture notes You
also choose use JMP find the tandard estimating average femoral
bone density for more smoking female twin who smoked 30 pack years.)
(6) Find the value of residual for the oldest Australian twin who smoked 20 pack years
in wodifferent ways:
a) using JMP (Red Triangle-> Save Columns-> Residuals):
b) using the fitted cquation from the output
(7) Estimate graphically 95% confidence interval for average femoral neel bone
density for Australian female twins who smoked 20 pack years. (Red Triangle-> Save
(8) would expect with 95% confidence that the mean femoral neck bone den-
sity twin who smoked 20 pack years be between
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction
of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice.
Unethical use is strictly forbidden.