At times, purchasing agents of all kinds have to make difficult decisions. From the case study, determine why you think Bullock Studios arrived at the decision to properly enter the cameras and camera cases. Review the Compliance Management Structure found in Chapter 13 and discuss how you would apply it to the Bullock Studios case study.
Question 2: "Compliance Management" Please respond to the following
To ensure that compliance management is effectively implemented, senior management endorsement, education and training, and ownership are necessary. Describe how you would manage all of these elements in order to become the “go to” person in your company.
Evaluate how the audit process monitors the compliance management structure to ensure its purpose is intact
Assignment 4: Exporting Best Practices
In Chapter 9 of Mastering Import and Export Management, there is a description of best practices that all freight forwarders should observe in exporting products and services. The chapter also describes best practices that exporters themselves should observe to avoid relying too heavily on freight forwarders in complying with U.S. export regulations. One area of specific concern since the U.S. 9/11 terrorist attack has been “dual use items” (e.g., cell phones being used to detonate explosive devices).
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Identify two (2) items that could fall under the category of “ dual use items.”
2. Determine how you, as the exporter, would incorporate best practices within your company and in your relationship with your freight forwarder to successfully manage the export of the items you selected in compliance with U.S. export regulations.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Examine the impact of import / export compliance and security management post 9/11.
• Evaluate export management in terms of INCO, documentation, and export supply chain management skills set.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in exporting and importing
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.Case Study 2: The right way
Bullock Studios made the right choice of classifying both the cameras and camera cases after a great deal of considerations. The final decision, however, is one which can be considered to be a smart choice, which is both legal as well as being convenient to the importers. The final entries were accepted by the authorities as it was hoped by the Bullock Studios, further proof that the decision to make the entries was legally reached.
The main concern for the Bullock Studio Company is that the camera cases were specially designed for storage and carrying of the cameras for a long period of time. This means that ferrying camera would not be as safe if they were to be transported without cases. The Company preferred to transport their cameras on their cases to make it safer to transport the cameras. In order to make sure that the choice made was legal, the Company sought the advice of two parties: Its broker of records which advised that the Company obtain a binding ruling for clarification from the...