1. What is the purpose of the study? What specific research question do the authors pose?
2. How do the authors describe their theorized JIT-Information performance model?
3. How do the authors describe JIT strategies?
4. List and briefly describe the three generations of ERP systems identified by Siau and Tian (2004)
5. Briefly describe Rajagopal’s (2002) idea of “one single information.”
6. The authors say that the “one single information” is accessed seamlessly in real-time. Briefly describe what is meant by “seamless, real-time” access.
7. How do third-generation ERP systems eradicate waste as required by JIT systems?
8. How do the authors define the four study variables/constructs (JIT-information, SCM strategy, logistics performance, and organizational performance?
9. Describe the sample of experts that provided the study data.
10. Look at the correlations among the variables in Table 2. Are the study variables positively and significantly related as hypothesized?
11. Look at the study results presented in Figure 1. Answer the following questions based on the standardized coefficients (betas) and significance levels.
a. Is SCMS directly related to JITI?
b. Is JITI directly related to organizational performance?
c. Is JITI directly related to logistics performance?
d. Is logistics performance directly related to organizational performance?
e. Is JITI indirectly related to organizational performance through logistics performance?
f. Is SCMS indirectly related to organizational performance through JITI?
g. Is SCMS indirectly related to logistics performance through JITI?
12. Based on your answers in 11, is the theorized model in Figure 1 supported by the results of the study? How does SCMS impact performance? I am asking about the role of JITI in the model.
13. In the conclusions section, how do the authors summarize the results of their study?
14. In the last paragraph in the conclusions section, what advice do the authors have for practicing supply chain managers?
15. Based on what you know so far (Wal-Mart/Bon Ami article, TAL Article, and this empirical study), describe the role that seamless, real-time information plays in the successful implementation of a SCM strategy.
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice. Unethical use is strictly forbidden.1. What is the purpose of the study? What specific research question do the authors pose?
The purpose of this study is to investigate whether there in an impact of supply chain management systems on JIT-I and whether JIT-I impacts on logistics performance and also organizational performance. The research question that is posed by the researchers is that “Does the seamless, real time information (JIT-I) emanating from ERP systems improve logistics performance and organizational performance as expected?”...
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files: