1) As we learned this semester, we have shifted towards the I-form organization. One question posed in class was “Does an I-form organization need to possess F-form characteristics at a minimum to be successful?” Discuss. Also, do you think that elements from the standardization and customization eras are still relevant in certain industries today? Discuss.
2) We learned about a variety of leadership styles or philosophies this semester—coercive, authoritative, affiliative, pacesetting, coaching, or democratic. Focusing on 3 companies—SEI, Mayo Clinic, and Walmart—discuss the ways in which these styles are present (or missing). Does each company utilize an effective mix or do you think they can improve in some way?
3) According to some, Baby boomers generally clash with Gen Xers. Why do you think Boomers get along better with Gen Y? In what ways will HPOs be different when Gen Ys take charge?
4) Which approach (advocacy or inquiry) does a virtuoso use?
5) Can non-level 5 leaders initiate and sustain an inquiry based culture?
6) Does experience and a wealth of knowledge hinder the progress of change and innovation, or does experience help promote transformation in an organization?
Required Q & A
7) What is a High Performance Organization? What organization best reflects your answer? Defend your response.
8) Evaluate the articles you read this term. Pick 5 to 7 must reads and share why they should remain on the reading list. Also, identify any articles you felt were ineffective and should be “kicked to the curb.” If you have other thoughts as to how I might improve this course in the future, please feel free to share.
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice. Unethical use is strictly forbidden.Answer 1:
I-form of organization refers to the innovative form in which the employees and management try to explore the market to identify the available opportunities. In my opinion, it is important for it to possess the characteristics of the F-form. F-form refers to freedom from the traditional bureaucratic structure and this is very important to encourage innovation and team work across organization. In the traditional form, work is organized around departments that strive to achieve their goals. However, the F-form and I-form require cross-departmental communication together since that would minimize the time taken to develop new ideas and would also increase the efficiency and responsiveness of the operations of the organization. As an example, when a new product idea is being developed, it would take a lot of time if the idea moves from one department to another to assess its feasibility. If all the departments work together, they can brainstorm and come up with a feasible idea in a shorter duration. I-form also encourages risk taking since there is the possibility that the idea may fail. The propensity to bear risk is low in case of...
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files: