- Blood sample for measurement of blood pH and total iron concentration
- Solid, white powder containing trace amounts of lead
- Liquid, aqueous fluid suspected of low-level PCB impurities
- Air particulate matter tested for methane concentrations
- Solid sample, 14th century painting tested for tin concentration and age authenticity.
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.Blood sample for measurement of blood pH and total iron concentration
The(2-pyridyl)-5,6-bis(4-phenylsulfonic acid)-1,2,4-triazine, monosodium salt commercially known as Ferrozine used for Complex-metrically determine the total iron as it forms complexes with Fe+2 resulting the tris complex Fe(Fz)3 magenta complex. The Fe(Fz)3 has molar absorption water soluble stable in long pH range 4-9. In an acidic environment the pH transferring-Fe breaks into Fe+2 & Fe+3.Fe+3 is reduced to Fe+2 by Ascorbic acid. Ferrozine now forms the complexes Fe+2 to give magenta complex (λmax=560 nm) Now A=ϵlC or A∝C i.e. concentration of Fe in the blood serum....