I. One isotope of carbon, C, has 6 protons and 8 neutrons. What is the atomic number, Z?
2. One isotope of potassium, K, has 19 protons and 20 neutrons. What is the mass number, A?
3. How many neutrons does an atom of gallium-71 ("Ga) have?
4. How many protons does an atom of "Ga have?
5. What is the calculated value of the abundance mass of carbon-13?
6. What is the calculated value of the average atomic mass of carbon?
7. In mass spectrometry, what is used to bombard the sample?
8. What does m/z mean?
9. Three columns show up in the mass spectrum of a certain element, where each column represents a different isotope of that element. If the first column is 3.04 cm high, the second column is 0.38 em high, and the third column is 0.42 cm high, what is the relative abundance of the isotope represented by the first column?
10. What ratio helps establish connectivity between oil and gas reservoirs?
1. Melting point range of Compound A:
2. Solubility of Compound A: H2O _____ C7H8 _____ EtOH ______
3. Name of Compound A: ______
(Tell what reagents were used. do not include amounts. Use complete sentences. If you did not have a Cpd.B. give the experimental evidence to support why you believe it was absent).
1. Anion: Describe the identification test for carbonate ion and give your observations.
2. Cation: Describe the flame or qualitative test for the metal ion and give your observations.
3. Give the complete name or formula of Compound B: _________
Data: (Tell what reagents were used, do not include amounts. Use complete it sentences. absent.) If you did not have a Cpd.C, give the experimental evidence to support why you believe it was Absent).
1. Anion: not have Describe a the identification test for chloride ion and give your
2. Cation: Describe the flame or qualitative test for the metal ion and give your observations
3. Give the complete name or formula of Compound C: _______
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice. Unethical use is strictly forbidden.Pre lab answers
1. Amount of protons which isotope has got
2. Mass number = 19+20=39...
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files: