1) Visit five (5) stations. Record the mass of the sample in the data table. (1 pt each)
2) Use the periodic table to determine the molar mass of the substance. (1 pt each)
3) Use dimensional analysis to convert from grams to moles. (2 pts each)
4) Then use dimensional analysis to convert from moles to individual atoms. (2 pts each)
5) You must show all of your work and include all units!
Substance Mass (g) Molar Mass (g/mol) Moles (mol) Atoms
1) Post-1983 pennies are 97.5% zinc and 2.5% copper. The mass of a penny is 2.49 g. Determine how many atoms of zinc and how many atoms of copper make up the penny. Show all of your.
2.49g X 0.025= _ g Cu
2.499 X 0.975= _ g Zn
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice. Unethical use is strictly forbidden.
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files: