1. Which of the following is an example of a weak acid? 2pts
A. sample with pH 9 B. Sample pH 6.9 C. Sample with
pH 7.8 D. none of the above
2. Which of the following is a not a salt? 2pts
A. Ammonium Hydroxide B. sodium Citrate
iodide D. none of the above
3. What color would Phenolphthalein indicator change at pH 12?
C. blue D. no color change
4. Would the presence of NO, ions in water indicate?
A. None of the following B. Salinity C. Fecal matter in
water. D. Presence of microorganisms.
5. Why is Silicon tetrachloride very stable (SiCl,?? 2pts
A. due to presence of C-Cl bonds
B. due to presence of
double bonds C. due to equal Si-Cl bond angle and
distance D. Because it's a gas
6. Which of the following pair has the same molecular mass?
A. Propane and Cyclopropane B. butene and cyclobutene
C. Ethane and Carbon tetrachloride D. None of the
7. What is the general formula for the following organic
8. What is an unsaturated hydrocarbon? Give one example.
9. Explain, Resonance in benzene ring? 6pts
b) Draw cycloheptane ring and calculate its molar mass?
10. Which of the following hydrocarbons has the longest and
weakest bond length between carbons? alkene, alkanes,
11) Complete and balance the following hydrocarbon reaction
with a halogen in ultraviolet light: 4pts
CH,CH,CH=CHCH, + F,
12) Give an example of an unsaturated and saturated
hydrocarbon used in your kitchen for cooking. 4pts
13) Calculate the molecular mass and draw the structural
formula for Butane, propene, and Cyclohexane. 6pts
14) What is a saturated hydrocarbon not used for cooking?
Give an example. 3pts
II) What would you add to octene to make it saturated (If
you think, it is already saturated say nothing)? 2pts
III) How much salt will dissolve in 600 grams of water if
the solubility of salt X is 50g/100g of water?
15) How many moles are needed to obtain each of the
following amounts of solute? 4Pts
a) moles of 2.0 M NaOH to obtain 3 Liters of NaOH
b) moles of 0.03 M HCl to obtain 1500 ml of HCl
16) A 250 ml bubble of hot gases at 108 °C and 3.0 atm
escapes from an active volcano. What is the new volume
of bubbles outside the volcano where the temperature is
-48 °C and the pressure is 0.6 atm? 3pts
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.