1. Which one of the following is a saturated hydrocarbon?
b. aromatic hydrocarbon
2. If each of the following is an alkane, which one must be cyclic?
e. all of these are cyclic
f. none of these are cyclic
3. Name all of the following compounds and circle 3,3, 4-trimethy lhexane:
CH2- CH2- CH2 CH2
CH3CH2CH2CH2 - CH -CH-CH3
4. Of the following, which is the most reactive?
5. What is the IUPAC name for the following compound?
a. 2, 4-me thylbutene
b. 2, 5-dime thylpentane
C. 2, 4-ethylbute ne
d. 2, 4-dime thyl- - pentene
6. What is the molecular formula of a nonc yclic hydrocarbon that is an alkene containing four
7. Provide the molecular formulas of the following line-bond structures:
8. Convert the following molecular formulas into line-bond structures that are consistent with
b. C2HO (3 possibilities)
C. C3H7Br (2 possibilities)
9. Draw the structural formulas of:
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction
of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice.
Unethical use is strictly forbidden.