1. Determine the Products and BALANCE the following Zn(s) + HCl(aq)
2. BALANCE the following equation. Start with the charges on each reactant and product because they ARE NOT balanced.
Na CO3 + Mg (NO3) Mg CO3 + Na NO3
3. The equation below is balanced-List all six mole-to-mole relationships. List all four of the molar masses for ONE mole of each of the reactants and products. Show all work!
A mixture of hydrazine (N2H4) and hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is used as fuel for rocket engines. These two substances react as shown by the equation:
N2H4 +2H2O2N2 +4H2O What mass of N2H4 in grams is needed to react with completely with 35.0g of
4. The equation below is balanced-List all six mole-to-mole relationships. List all four of the molar masses for ONE mole of each of the reactants and products. Show all work!
Nitrous acid, HNO2, decomposes according to the following equation:
3HNO2 2NO + HNO3 + H2O
How many grams of NO can be formed from the decomposition of 63.5 grams of nitrous acid?
5. The equation below is balanced-List all six mole-to-mole relationships. List all four of the molar masses for ONE mole of each of the reactants and products. Show all work!
Iron(III) oxide reacts with carbon to give iron and carbon monoxide.
Fe2O3 + 3C 2Fe + 3CO How many grams of carbon are required to react with 2.50 moles of Fe2O3?
6. Complete the pH table:
1 X 10 -9 M
9.2 X 10 -5 M
[ OH-] pH
10.0 4.9 X 10-11 M
Acidic, Basic, or Neutral
7. Indicate the effect each stress will have on the following equilibrium reaction:
N2(g) + 2O2(g) + Heat <-> 2NO2(g)
a) remove NO2______________________ b) increase temperature__________________
8. A 25.0 mL sample of HCl is neutralized by 26.5 mL of 0.155 M NaOH. Calculate the molarity of the HCl solution.
HCl + NaOH -> NaCl + H2O
9. An anesthetic consists of a mixture of cylcopropane gas, C3H6, and oxygen gas, O2. If the mixture has a total pressure of 825 Torr, and the partial pressure of cyclopropane is 73 Torr, what is the partial pressure of oxygen in the anesthetic?
10. Physical symptoms of a low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) often occur at values under 70 mg/dL. You are vacationing in Europe and notice a person stumbling . You measure the person’s blood sugar to be 6 mmol/L. Is that person hypoglycemic?____________
Hint: (The molar mass of glucose 180 g/mol).
(4 points) In fermentation of glucose (wine making), 780 ml of CO2 gas was produced at 37C and 1.00 atm. What is the volume (L) of the gas when measured at 22C and 675 mmHg? Hint: Check before/after units. Make sure they match.
(1 point) Name the seven elements that normally exist as diatomic (dimer) molecules:
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction
of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice.
Unethical use is strictly forbidden.