2. Methanol, CH3OH, can be produced in industrial plants by reacting carbon dioxide with hydrogen in the presence of a catalyst. Water is the other product. How many volumes of hydrogen are required for each volume of carbon dioxide when each gas is at the same temperature and pressure? (4 pts)
3. Helium gas, He, at 22ᴼC and 1.00 atm occupied a volume of 2.54 L. What volume would this gas occupy if it were cooled to 77 K at 1.00 atm (4 pts)?
4. List the four most common gasses found in dry air and give the approximate percentage of each (4 pt).
5. When baking soda, NaHCO3, is heated it forms sodium carbonate, water and carbon dioxide. Write the balanced equation for this reaction. What volume of carbon dioxide gas will form from 30.0 g of baking soda if the gas is at 50ᴼC and 756 mm Hg. (5 pts)
6. Which gas is most dense at 1.00 atm and 298 K: CO2, N2O, or Cl2? Why? (3 pts)
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.