For complete questions see questions1.jpg and questions2.jpg
1. How many ones are in the adjacency matrix of styrene?
2. The following ether is? Note that the ether oxygen is in front of both carbons that it is bonded to.
3. Which compound will give off the least heat of hydrogenation when converted to methylcyclohexane?
4. What is the major product of the following reaction? (Chiral products are racemic)
5. What is the major product of the following reaction? (Chiral products are racemic)
6. What is the major product of the following two reactions?
7.-11. Classify the compounds below as: aromatic, antiaromatic, non-aromatic
12. Give four of its five neutral resonance structures, complete the fifth resonance structure and determine which is the longest of the given bond choices of phenanthrene.
13. Which compound reacts second fastest with Br2/FeBr3?
14. Which position is most likely to be substituted by the reaction of Cl2/FeCl3?
15. What is the intermediate at the question mark? R is benzene.
16. What is the major product of the following reaction?
17.-19. Match each reaction sequence, starting with benzene, to a product on the right. Answers may be repeated.
20. Synthesis of phenol and acetone from cumene, oxygen, and acid is what type of substitution?
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.
Question 1) – answer is b) 8...
This is only a preview of the solution. Please use the purchase button to see the entire solution