Which is a layer 3 device?
4. Category 5 Cable
Which layer 2 device usually "learns" MAC addresses?
3. Category 5 Cable
Which of the following is used for repeating signals without analyzing the data?
Which of the following is true about layer 2 switches?
1. They learn the destination address, and switch based on the source address found in L2 packets.
2. They learn the source address, and switch based on the destination address found in L2 packets.
3. They learn the source and destination address, and switch based on the both the source and destination address found in L2 packets.
4. They learn the layer 3 address, and route based on a routing table.
Which is the best choice for a local area network - where the network is "flat", i.e. there is only one segment to the network, and there are 8 computer systems on the network with Ethernet interfaces, and the network must connect to a DSL router using Ethernet for internet access? The best choice here means the choice (of the options shown) that provides the best performance with the lowest cost, not considering future changes to the network.
1. A 16 port Ethernet hub
2. An 8 port Ethernet switch
3. A 24 port Ethernet Layer 3 router
4. A 16 port Ethernet switch
Which of the following networking devices would be the lowest cost?
1. A Fast Ethernet hub
2. A Fast Ethernet Router
3. A Gigabit Ethernet Router
4. A Fast Ethernet switch
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files: