1. We have 5 objects, and the weights and values are
No. 1 2 3 4 5
w 10 20 30 40 50
v 20 30 66 60 55
The knapsack can carry a weight not exceeding 90, find a subset items and give the total weight and value for following algorithms:
1) By using the algorithm of greedy of value for 0-1 knapsack problem? By selecting the highest value first.
2) By using the algorithm of greedy of weight for 0-1 knapsack problem? By selecting lightest item first.
3) By using the algorithm of greedy of density for 0-1 knapsack problem? By selecting the highest density item first.
4) By using the algorithm of greedy of density for fractional knapsack problem? By selecting the highest density item first.
This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.
In this version of the problem we can either take an object or not (since it is 0-1 Knapsack). We sort the object in the non-increasing order by their values and we take the corresponding object as long as weight does not exceed 90.
This algorithm will take into knapsack: object 3, object 4, and object 2 (we notice it can’t take object 5 after object 4 because the maximum allowed weight would be exceeded).
The achieved weight is 30 + 40 +20 =90.
The achieved value is 66 + 60 + 30 = 156....
This is only a preview of the solution. Please use the purchase button to see the entire solution