1. What are some reasons for using SQL Server Analysis Services Multidimensional capabilities with a data warehouse?
2. Describe each MOLAP, HOLAP, and ROLAP?
3. What is a partition in the SQL Server Analysis Services Multidimensional engine?
What are some benefits of using partitions?
4. What is MDX and describe how it is used in the SQL Server Analysis Services Multidimensional engine.
5. What is the purpose of creating dimension hierarchies?
6. Define a Fact Relationship.
7. What is the purpose of defining the Unknownmember property?
8. What is an Action in the SQL Server Analysis Services Multidimensional engine?
Describe some examples an Action.
9. Describe what is meant when a cube is Processed.
10. What is a Key Performance Indicator (KPI)? Provide an example of a KPI.
11. What is the advantage of in-memory database architectures?
12. What is Direct Query?
13. What is the difference between a calculated column and a measure?
14. Describe the use of relationships in the Tabular model?
15. What is the benefit of renaming columns in the Tabular model?
16. Why would you want to sort a column by another column?
17. What is the purpose of defining a table as a date table?
18. What is the benefit of using partitions?
19. What is the purpose or roles?
20. What is the role of the workspace server?
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice. Unethical use is strictly forbidden.1. It uses compression for reducing the size of original data relative to warehouse up to one third (Microsoft, 2015). The reasons of using Multidimensional capabilities with a data warehouse can be summarized based on the official recommendations retrieved from the technical documentation of the product/technology:
a) ability to deal with large datasets;
b) the need for writeback support;...
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files: