This material may consist of step-by-step explanations on how to solve a problem or examples of proper writing, including the use of citations, references, bibliographies, and formatting. This material is made available for the sole purpose of studying and learning - misuse is strictly forbidden.
The aim of this report is to present the database model, data dictionary and database implementation details for the Bike Shop Database. There will be a brief description of the Bike Shop database for better understanding of the context of the database. For simplicity of the database, a simple database for the Bike Shop has been considered. The scope is limited only within shipment of orders for bikes by different courier service providers.
Brief Description of the Bike Shop Database
Bike Shop is a small biker cycle shop. It sources bikes from multiple bi-cycle makers when they gets an order from a customer. Then they checks the bikes and ships the same to customers once the customer clears the payment otherwise the bikes are kept in stock until they get another order or the previous order is fulfilled. Once, an order is shipped successfully, the details of the shipment and order is entered into the database.
The scope of the database is limited to,
• Keeping records of the employees
• Keeping records of all bikes sold or in stock
• Keeping records of all successful shipment of orders
• Keeping details of the shipping partners
The owner is interested to,
• Have a single interface for entering all shipment details using forms
• Enter details of a new employee or records of orders handled by the employees using forms
• Find all details of shipments when the shipping partner’s name is given
• Find cases of delayed shipping when shipping takes more than 15 days from the order date and generating a report on that.
• Get a report on the Total shipping cost for all shipments
• Find details of bikes still in stock...
This is only a preview of the solution. Please use the purchase button to see the entire solution