2. (5 points) My workstation has a single Ethernet interface with MAC address 00:96:AB:13:99:7C. What is the IPv6 Link-Local Address for this interface, assuming my workstation uses the EUI-64 standard to determine its Interface Identifier?
3. (5 points) Under what conditions does a router send an ICMP Redirect?
4. (5 points) In HSRP, how does a Standby router determine that an Active router has gone down?
5. (5 points) When using HSRP Interface Tracking, what happens when a tracked interface goes down?
6. (5 points) Describe 3 data items that are stored in the BGP Neighbor Table.
7. (5 points) What is the difference between External BGP (eBGP) and Internal BGP (iBGP)?
8. Below is shown a portion of the BGP Table in router X. This router has discovered three different paths to destination network 18.104.22.168/16 in AS 1605. For each path, the BGP Table shows the Next Hop address for the next BGP router along this path towards that destination network, as well as 4 Path Attributes, which are “Metric”, “Local Preference”, “Weight” and “AS Path”.
Network Next Hop Metric (MED) Local Preference Weight AS Path
22.214.171.124/16 188.15.35 5 100 5 1871 1605i
126.96.36.199 10 100 10 2633 1605i
188.8.131.52 15 100 5 1605 i
a) (5 points) For the “Weight” attribute: How does this value get set? Will router X advertise this attribute value to any other BGP routers?
b) (5 points) Given the values shown, which one of these three routes will router X copy into its routing table for destination 184.108.40.206/16? Why?
c) (5 points) Suppose the route you chose in answer (b) goes down, then which of the remaining two routes will router X copy into its routing table for destination 220.127.116.11/16? Why?
These solutions may offer step-by-step problem-solving explanations or good writing examples that include modern styles of formatting and construction of bibliographies out of text citations and references. Students may use these solutions for personal skill-building and practice. Unethical use is strictly forbidden.Q1. 2001:23:4:567::B:DD
In 32 Hexadecimal values : 2001:0023:0004:0567:0000:0000:000B:00DD
MAC Address : 00:96:AB:13:99:7C
Corresponding IPv6 Link...
By purchasing this solution you'll be able to access the following files: